smallgroupontherock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Town ministries this weekend!

Go down

My Town ministries this weekend! Empty My Town ministries this weekend!

Post  The Charles Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:13 am

So I guess this Sabbath is MyTown Ministries!

Who's going?
I'm up for going.
The Charles
The Charles
Admin

http://www.myspace.com/qmart2001

Back to top Go down

My Town ministries this weekend! Empty it was good!

Post  The Charles Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:05 am

I enjoyed MyTown ministries thoroughly! I think God truly blessed us and those we came in contact with that day. I hope that their lives were touched a bit.

I met an interesting guy named Fred. He was a marine. He snuck into the service at age 14 I think. He also stabbed a guy because some guy hit him in the face and did some time in prison. He then earned a degree at a university after doing some time and became an engineer in heating/ac. He is now 87. I don't know if Fred believes in God and knows Jesus as a personal Saviour, but at least Fred knows me a little now. I hope that through the Holy Spirit that he was able to see Jesus a little bit. I don't think I do the best job of representing Jesus, but by God's grace, he has allowed me to do so.

Also, we were blessed by a sermon on the parable of the good Samaritan. In one sense, yes we should be the good Samaritan and help others. In another sense, Jesus is the good Samaritan to all of us. The story has incredible depth to it. Now we are called to "Go and do likewise". We are called to be Samaritans through the Holy Spirit, and donkeys to get them to the inn, and innkeepers to continue healing them through the Holy Spirit. Then whoever else it is can become these things as well.

The story is found in Luke 10.

Share your experiences!
The Charles
The Charles
Admin

Back to top Go down

My Town ministries this weekend! Empty Re: My Town ministries this weekend!

Post  The Charles Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:18 pm

thanks Jen!

Also from the Andrews Agenda:

Thank You Note to Little Brothers of the Elderly Participants Dear Andrews University,
I'm a senior citizen who had the pleasure of meeting a group of students from Andrews University on Saturday, March 28. They came under the auspices of Little Brothers of the Elderly. They served us a meal and gave us music and fellowship.
It was so obvious that they were from a religious university. The way they conducted themselves and the manner in which they treated the tenants in The Ruth Shriman House was wonderful. One young man played the piano and a young woman sang. I remember Charles and Jordan in particular. They were excited when we told them that they could see Wrigley Field from our 8th floor atrium.
Thank you for a delightful afternoon.
-Helen
(Posted 3/30/09)
The Charles
The Charles
Admin

Back to top Go down

My Town ministries this weekend! Empty Re: My Town ministries this weekend!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum