smallgroupontherock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bein envious of evil do-ers

Go down

bein envious of evil do-ers Empty bein envious of evil do-ers

Post  The Charles Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:21 pm

Psalm37 wrote:
1Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity.

2For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb.

When I was a kid, even though I grew up in the church, I had rebellion in my heart. I never left the church, but I did think on the evils in the world w/ envy. Secretly wanting to be like the people on MTV who seemed to be having such a good time and not paying the price for it. The more I was exposed to such media, the more I felt this way. I used to think that way.

I had put these thoughts in my head away for a while, but I don't think I had fully had them answered until I came across the above scripture. I had never heard this directly from the Bible. Sure, people had said that the grass isn't greener on the other side and things like that, and I believed them, but it lacked the weight of the Bible being behind it.

Thank the Lord for this message! Indeed we see wickedness and because of the rebellion and sinful tendencies in our hearts, it looks desireable. But we know that these corruptible things shall pass away, and will we pass away with them? God forbid! Let us cling to Him, who is incorruptible. He who is not just vanity and chasing the wind, which all these other things of the world turn out to be.

Oh Lord, reform us to desire You and the things You desire for us, not these snares.
The Charles
The Charles
Admin

http://www.myspace.com/qmart2001

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum